Repairs & Storm Damage
Fix Your Residential or Commercial Roof Damage Due to Hurricane, Hail & More
When it comes to severe weather such as a hurricanes, intense rain & downpours, windstorms or hail, Mother Nature can wreak havoc on your home, particularly your roof. Although you may board up your windows and doors, your roof is especially susceptible to damage from bad weather.
Skyline Roofing commercial & residential roofing services include:
- Roof collapses
- Leaky roofs & water intrusion
- Hail & impact damage
- Hurricane damage
- Windstorm damage
Reducing Roof Storm Damage
There are ways to reduce storm damage before the actual storm hits. While some are easy enough to do all by yourself, others will require a roofing professional.
- Make sure the roof sheathing (plywood or boards nailed to roof trusses or rafters) is installed properly; you can inspect it in the attic. You’ll need to re-nail the sheathing if the nails aren’t secured to the rafters. Proper installation of roof sheathing ensures the wind forces of a hurricane are shifted appropriately to the ground.
- The side walls of the roof, also known as the end gables, can collapse during a hurricane. Enlist the help of a licensed professional to ensure your end gables are braced.
- During high winds, hurricane straps help keep the roof securely fastened to the walls. Once again, call on the help of a licensed professional to install these straps.
- Make certain your drains and gutters are cleared. Blocked drainage can cause standing water, which in turn can eventually cause your roof to cave in.
Checking for Home Roof Damage
To find out if your roof incurred any damage after a bad storm, Skyline Roofing advises you to carefully check for the following conditions using binoculars and a sturdy ladder:
If your roof meets at least one of these criterions, call Skyline Roofing today. We will carefully assess your roof and give you the optimum result at a price you can afford. Additionally, we offer premier roofing products so your new roof will last for many years to come.
- Warps or dents in the roof
- Tears in the shingles, or some shingles are missing altogether
- Spots of water, or obvious signs of water leaks
- Missing metal roof panels
- Indentations in the vents on metal roofs
- Damaged or out of place tiles
Let’s face it: repairing your roof—or replacing it completely—is often inevitable when you own a home. We understand how overwhelming the roof repair process can be, and that’s why we’re here—to provide expert advice, impeccable service and guaranteed satisfaction. At Skyline Roofing, we are your roofing specialists for a lifetime.